Wednesday 18 December 2013

A puja for those who need it and technology meets tradition...


Lama inspects a camera trap.


A few hours ago I read of a little girl who died of hypothermia down in the lowland Terai region. Many people cannot afford a decent blanket, the coming winter nights will end the days forever for some of those people.

A puja (Buddhist blessing) was held at the Cottage in Chomrong a few days before I dropped down to Pokhara. I'm arranging with Sushila (who you can see in prayer in the image, she is also world famous for her chocolate cake ... it featured in Time Magazine ... honestly!) for the Lama you can see here to have a Puja next month to bless Project Mountain Tiger. We'll also use it to bless those in real need right now. It affects me that people can't afford a blanket. There's so much bullshit in the world... I just wish everyone could think globally but ACT locally ... it's become too damn easy to click a like button and make inane comments about stuff they don't know about when they could actually get of their butt and do something locally.

In saying that, I'm lucky because I do get to collaborate with many good people who really do decent work on a local basis, it helps keep me "in hope" for sure. I just wish we could afford blankets for everyone this winter...

No comments:

Post a Comment