Friday 21 February 2014

24 hours of real positives - people, T shirts and a feisty leopard...

                               Hemant... protector of wildlife...


                                Som... protector of wildlife..


                                    Asa... "don't mess with the leopard"...

 I'll explain more soon but first of all a huge thanks to Kate Walton, Elle Ammerman, Anna Collins, James White and April Bayley for their purchases of the exclusive imageyesterday. Boots and gear for the Forest Guard team will be delivered today - this stuff is vital. Thanks to the many others who have purchased images of late, I'll be getting them to you soon. There have been several generous donations as well, these people will be getting exclusive images. You are all making a difference. Only a few really understand how difficult it is to operate here but when I got a call from an excited Hemant in Bardia last night telling me of progress out in western Nepal, well it it really made me feel all the effort is so worth it. Hemant is doing great things, I'm very proud of him as I'm sure his late father is, up in Tiger heaven. Another doing amazing work is our Bird and Wildlife man Som G.C. - Som does fantastic work behind the scenes, I'll have more about his, Hemant's and several others great efforts soon.
And I have just heard a box of T shirts has arrived in the US! This is a huge relief. After some painful financial losses it looks like we may have a courier system that works. A lot of stress can now vanish, onwards and upwards...
Finally, for now, Asa the feisty leopard. Just 30 minutes after being curled up resting against me, sleeping while we took a break during an intensive training session, he distinguished himself by trying to bite Dr Hum Gurung. Hum had come to visit us, he is one of Nepal's most notable conservationists but Asa is not swayed by anyone.
I love this little guy  More soon... cheers Jack.

No comments:

Post a Comment