Friday 28 February 2014

Run little leopard run, your life is ahead of you...


...AND YOU ARE ALREADY CHANGING THE LIVES OF OTHERS...Today was one of those where anything could have happened, hey, it's Nepal.  And it wasn't smooth sailing, but yes, Asa now has an outdoor section to his den... and he loves it!  I'll tell how it all went when I do the major Asa update soon but while the finishing touches were being done to his high cage which adjoins the den, Ananta, Shiva and I took Asa again to where his main enclosure will be built, in a great piece of forest and we had a blast.  Asa was so happy, running between the three of us with wonder, mischief and joy in his eyes.  I got this shot as he ran towards me before he jumped onto the camera and my head... he then bit me... I then bit him... that's how it works between us :)
Asa is already changing the lives of others, the forest guards will be getting a higher income, I'll explain that soon.  The community is getting involved, children are being filled with a sense of awe, asking questions and getting answers.
Nepal, bless you... extreme poverty, extreme mountains, extreme wildlife, extreme smiles, extreme craziness, extreme tranquility ... and a little leopard called Asa is making things happen...

No comments:

Post a Comment